IXOM 2017 NSW & ACT
Water Taste Test
The search for the best
tasting tap water in NSW?
The IXOM 2017 NSW & ACT Water Taste Test is a fun and exciting way to raise awareness of the quality of NSW's drinking water and to recognise the efforts of local water service providers in delivering valuable water services to their communities.
The award for the Best Tasting Water will be judged and presented as part of the WIOA NSW Water Operations Conference & Exhibition with the winner announced as having the Best Tasting Water in the State.
Entries need to be delivered to theconfernece venue, Exhibition Park in Canberra by 4.00pm on Tuesday 28 March 2017.
2016 Nambucca Shire Council, Bowraville
2015 Orange City Council, Orange
2014 Bega Valley Shire Council, Kalaru
2013 MidCoast Water, Bootowa
About the IXOM NSW Taste Test
- All water providers/councils in NSW & the ACT are invited to participate in the IXOM Water Taste Test.
- Each water provider/councils is asked to nominate one preferred sample for inclusion in the competition.
- Where water provider/councils operate multiple water supply systems, the decision regarding which water sample to enter is left up to each water business.
- Entrants must have at least one person attending the WIOA NSW Conference and Exhibition as a full delegate. This person may be required to provide further information about the sample, and accept certificates or trophies on behalf of the water providers/council if successfull.
- All entries must have incurred no serious state or federal drinking water violations during the past 12 months*.
- Samples must be submitted by 4.00pm Tuesday 28 March 2017 in a clearly marked container with the name of the water business it represents and the location/town from where the sample is derived and be delivered to the conference venue.
- We require 3 litres of the sample water which must be provided in 3 x 1 litre sealable containers.
- Samples must be provided at room temperature (not cooled).
- Samples will be served at room temperature, to help the judges better taste, appreciate and rank each sample.
- All entries must provide a completed entry form.
- Heats will be conducted at the WIOA Welcome Reception held on the afternoon (from 4.45pm) of Tuesday 28 March 2017 at the conference venue.
- The competition will be divided into a number of heats, with entries placed in each heat randomly drawn by WIOA staff.
- Each heat will have a heat co-ordinator.
- Heat judging will be undertaken by guests at the welcome reception who shall taste all samples and select their most favoured water sample by giving it one vote.
- The sample with the most votes will be judged the heat winner and the winner will proceed to the Grand Final to be held on the main stage during the conference lunch break on Wednesday afternoon.
- In the case of a tie, the winner will be chosen by the heat co-ordinator from those that are tied.
- The four Grand Finalists will be announced on the Tuesday evening and we would appreciate a representative from each business being available for the main judging at lunch time Wednesday and a representative from the winning provider to also be at the Thursday Awards Dinner.
- As with the heats, the origin of each sample will not be revealed. The samples will be judged by a panel nominated by WIOA comprising technical water experts and water industry connoisseurs.
- Samples will be judged on a point scale from Good to Best.
- Scores will be aggregated and the winner will be the sample with the highest combined score. The winning water business and water supply location will be announced during the Wednesday lunch.
- Only the identity of the four grand finalists and the supplier of the winning sample will be announced – Grand Final or Heat samples will not be ranked, nor will any of the scores be released.
- The decision of the judges is final.
*A “serious” water quality incident includes protracted periods of poor water quality or boiled water alerts, an event leading to immediate potential public health risks or other break-down of risk-management protocols.
For more information, please contact Craig Mathisen at WIOA on 03 5821 6744, mobile 0457 846 008 or email email@example.com
Last updated on